The time of year is upon us that has everyone hustling and bustling to find the perfect gift. If you are shopping for kids, whether your own or someone else’s, give careful consideration to giving children’s books as gifts. You might be thinking that books are something that kids will shrug at and toss aside, but more often than not, this is not the case. Kids love books, even if it is not the first thing on their list, most kids are excited about the prospect of what a new book brings.
Are you still not convinced that it is the right gift for the kids on your list? Let’s look at the benefits of giving kids books for Christmas:
• It is the gift that keeps on giving. Most presents only get to get opened once, but books can get opened over and over again, each time with the promise of an exciting adventure.
• Most families keep books for many years and some even keep them to pass them down to future generations, making it a long-lasting gift.
• There are no batteries required! That in itself is worth its weight in gold to most parents!
• They are one size fits all!
• It is a gift for parents and children. There is nothing better than sitting together on a quiet evening and reading a new book together. It is like going on a new adventure every time you open a new book together.
• Kids are never too young to receive a new book!
• There are so many books to choose from including the classic characters that we grew up with and characters that are brand new to this generation.
• Kids’ imaginations grow every time they read a new book.
• They enhance a child’s education. Who knows, you might find the perfect book for a reluctant reader that suddenly turns him into an avid reader.
As you can see there are numerous reasons to give kids a book this Christmas. Whether you stick to the tried and true characters that the child likes or you go out on a limb and purchase a book that caught your eye, you are unlocking a whole new world for him or her. Books are a true gift that will be remembered and possibly even treasured. I encourage you to purchase a book for a child in your life this holiday season and watch the magic unfold.